Friday, May 02, 2014

Thank you

I know you are not interested anymore. I saw how, little by little, you started to stop caring about me. I’m not mad. I am not even sad. I am just frustrated. I wish I could know why you just didn't want me anymore. I wish I knew what is it I do to drive everyone away. I am aware it is about me. I can’t possibly blame someone else. It is me. I wish I knew.
Even though I know we will not be pursuing this any further, I want to thank you. I want to let you know you found me in a very dark place and your interest shone a light. I had been in some meaningless relationships that had ended horribly and had been a total failure. I just kept getting involved with men that just didn't present a threat. I couldn't possibly fall in love with someone like them.
I thank you because you had that potential and I didn't get scared. I tried it out. Obviously I failed miserably. However, I did realize I can do this. I can interact without the mind games. I was honest, truthful and forward. Something I had never been before. It felt good. You gave me the first “try out” where I didn't end up with so many ifs.
I am grateful you made me realize I don’t have to hide my mind. I don’t have to fake stupidity to have someone by my side. I know it was not my mind that troubled you. I know it’s something else. I’m not quite sure, but I learned.
I thank you, because you helped me move on. After you, I moved on from my biggest ghost. I stopped missing him, I stopped wondering what he felt, what he’d think of me moving on. I didn't stop to think if he would be jealous. I am free and you helped. I thank you for that.
I am grateful because for the first time I went with my gut. I didn't hear all the pros and cons lists my friends made. It felt good. I am weird and my friends keep trying to fit me into a box with someone conventional. I am not that kind of person but I was afraid to take that weirdness with someone else. Thank you for letting me get rid of social conventions and choose the one who is "no good for me".






No comments: