Tuesday, April 01, 2014

I think we can do this

The more things change, the more they stay the same. It was just like we never left. It was the same exact thing. It was just like this whole time never passed. It was just like we knew this wouldn't last. I think deep down you knew. I think you just let me have my process and waited. You waited like I had waited for you before. You didn't push, rush or break things even more. Sometimes it's just weird how much you know me. I think sometimes its not because of me but because of you these things go like this. I always resented your passivity. I will always do. However, now, I thank you for not pushing, for not confronting, for not doing anything at all. I don't know if it was lack of interest or just plain ego. No matter what it was, it makes it so much easier for us to come back. When there is nothing spoken of, we can't be mad. I like not being mad to you. I like being over this teenage tantrum and having you back. Of course, is not the back I once hoped for. It is not what I had in mind. Still, I need that part. I just need those moments. I don't need you to come and sweep me off my feet. Not anymore. I just need you to be there. To help me figure out everything I'm going through. I don't need you to touch me or love me. Not the way longed for so many years ago. Not the way I always wished. Today, I just want you to be part of my life. I want you here because you are an important part of it and, to tell you the truth, I never imagined it without you. The way I imagine it now is simply different. I want both of us to be happy because the other is happy. I think we can do that. 

No comments: