Monday, August 01, 2011

Long time no see...

There is so much smoke in the room. There is so much alcohol in my blood. I can't see straight, I can't think straight. I see you. You walk towards me as if you didn't know the answer to the question you are about to ask. There is so many people in the room. Still, it seems it's only you and me. Time goes by so very slowly. Every step you take, every breath I take, its just a moment. Its just a split second. Its like this is happening to someone else.

I see you. I see me. I can hear both of heart beats. Its so loud, and yet nobody knows. Its so freaking loud. It's making my ears hurt, its making my head spin, its making my heart beat. I know the question, you know the answer. Don't you notice? I know I'm drunk, but you are not stupid. You know better. You know what all of this means.

I just can't do this anymore. It feels like you will never get here. I see you walking towards me but every step takes you further, not closer. It's so weird. I'm drunk, this isn't happening. You are totally coming my way. Why can't you get this over with. Come on. Come closer.

You say hello. I can smell whisky on the rocks. You smell whisky on the rocks too. It's so much like the last time. Its even funny. Look at us. We're are just the kind of people our mothers warn us not to fall in love with. We are just that kind of couple that everybody knows will crash and burn. We are just not well in the head. We are just not well in the heart either.

Still you whisper. I've missed you. Its so good to see you. Still, my heartbeat deafens me. Still, I smile. I still freaking smile. Like nothing's wrong, like I'm not broken, like I don't care. Still, I try to make you think it's all OK. I look at you. I see you.

I don't remember you being so small. I really remembered you taller. I don't remember you hands being so cold. I really remembered a warmer touch. My heart starts to settle. My head stops spinning.

"So, how you've been?"

No comments: